June 3, 2008

Yippee!

Yippee! I'm doing the happy dance! I went to the doctor today and he removed the staples from my abdomen (there was a bunch of them, too!) It's been two weeks today since my surgery. I'm feeling so much better. I am released to return to work on June 16 so I still have some time to heal and hang out at home. I hope I will get to do some sewing. I did some over the weekend, but stopped every little while as I would get really tired.
On the way to the doctor, dear hubby took me to Suzys Quilt Shop in Garland, TX. I had not been to this shop before, but had heard lots about it. It was a nice shop. I bought the pattern Anna's Garden -- applique! I also bought a number of reproduction background fabrics to use to make this pattern. While in Williamsburg, VA, during Christmas Holidays, I purchased the Williamsburg line of fabric and plan to use it for this pattern as well. It will take me a while complete this quilt but it will be fun.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Yah for your happy dance!! Be careful and hope you are healing quickly!

Kathy said...

Thanks Quilting Pirate. I'm doing well.