January 10, 2008

Weekend Plans

Well, here I sit at work thinking about the weekend. I am going on another quilting retreat! This will be the 2nd one for 2008. Wow -- what a way to start out 2008.
This year is the 9th year for this retreat. This was the first quilting retreat that I ever went on. The lady who coordinates the retreat is a teacher, and she decided to host a retreat for some of the ladies who took classes from her -- the rest is history! I made some very lasting friendships through that first retreat 9 years ago.
I am planning to work on Josh's quilt that I started at the retreat last weekend. The pattern is Chexx Mixx by Atkinson Designs and done in reproduction fabrics. I have 10 blocks made -- only 100 to go!!! He wants a king-size quilt! (What we do for our kiddos!). Anyway, I have over half of the blocks cut out so I plan to sew, sew, sew this weekend and make headway.
Be sure to watch my blog for pictures!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. You'll love the punchneedle once you try it.

Have a great time on your retreat.

Debi said...

Have a great time on your retreat, they can be so much fun.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Hope you have a great time on your retreat! Quilting and laughing with friends is always great fun!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Now ---You got on me---where are those pictures of B's quilts you promised us? lalalalalala