April 19, 2009

I've been M.I.A.

Yep, I've been Missing in Action. I just realized I've not posted on my blog since April 5th!!! That's not good! I've really been busy at work; I was out for about 3 days to a conference and you know how it goes "when you play, you pay". LOL! May is "Older Americans Month" and in my business that means celebrate! I've been busy planning a luncheon for the County Seniors that will be held in May.

I have not done much sewing at all!!! I guess I've been in a bit of a slump and not much time. I did finish my Vintage Linens Apron for the swap -- I'll post a picture later. I've done some hand embroidery while watching TV with hubby, but that's really about it!

We had some really bad rain and wind in my part of Texas the last couple of days and we lost over half of our metal roof -- it's all in the back pasture! Thank goodness, no leaks as of yet as the metal was installed over an old composition roof. My quilting studio (which is a separate building) also had some damage on one corner, but thank goodness no leaking there either!
I hope you are all have a wonderful Blessed Sunday. The sun is shining at my house this morning!

5 comments:

Tara said...

So sorry about your roof! I'm glad that there's no leaking yet, hope the insurance guys get on it!

Pat said...

Yikes...I hope your wind damage gets repaired soon and that nasty wind leaves you alone now! Don't you HATE it when work interferes with your hobbies??? :)

Lurline said...

Never mind! We all have times like that, where it is just coping with work commitments - nice to hear from you again!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Millie said...

I am so sorry about the storm and your roof. I am so happy you did not get any water in your hobby room. Welcome back again!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Oh Man! I am so so sorry. But I guess you can always say it coulda been worse. Hope Ron doesn't do too much--he better wait and let someone else do it. Keep us posted and if we can help--just call.