March 18, 2008

I HAVE BEEN TAGGED!

Oh my gosh -- I've been tagged by my dear friend Molly -- How exciting as I've never been tagged before! She seems to think that I am "weird and wacky". Well, it takes one to know one -- LOL! Now what do I do? Well, here goes the rules:


The Rules:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.

2. Post The Rules on your blog.

3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.

4. Tag 7 people and link to them.

5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


Seven Weird and/or Wacky Things About Me!


1. I am a member of a very special quilting group -- Wacky Pac Quilters of Texas. There are nine of us who are as close as sisters. We have LOTS of fun together, laughing, taking road trips, retreating, sewing, cruising, and sharing our love of quilting and sharing our lives.


2. I am the youngest of three children. I have two older brothers. Both my parents had dark black hair and so did my two older brothers! Well, my hair is RED!!! I really got a lot of kidding as a child growing up. My maternal grandmother said that when I was born, she didn't like me!!! She said when my Dad called her and told her I was a girl, she said "well don't bring her over here". She said one day when I was just a young infant, I was very sick. My mother was in the drug store getting medicine and she was pacing back and forth on the sidewalk fanning me as it was so hot outside. She said a man walked past her and said "whew, I bet her mama has to cover her head to let the sun rise". Grandma said if she hadn't been holding me, she would have socked him a good one!!!! She said she loved me ever since! Now isn't that funny? She wasn't fooling me; I know she always loved me!


3. When I was a toddler -- back in the early 50's, I was riding in the backseat of a car with my mother and her friend Ruby Doan (we called her Doanie) riding down Main Street in Humble, Texas. There was no air conditioning back then so naturally the windows were down on the car. There was no law then for child restraints so I was just in the seat on my knees playing with a little plastic car, rolling it along the edge of the car window. One of the wheels of the little car fell off and into the street. I asked them to stop the car to get my wheel, but they wouldn't do it. Well, by golly, I showed them!!! I opened the door and jumped out!!!! We were traveling very slow and I wasn't injured too badly -- just a mild concussion. Maybe this is where I get my "hard headiness".


4. I once worked as the Administrative Assistant to the President and Chief Operating Officer of Shell Oil Company in Houston, Texas. I retired in 2005 as office manager of a power plant and now I am the director of senior services in Freestone County -- a job I never imagined I would have.


5. I have been married to my best friend for 37 years! We have such a great time together. We've been thru a lot together and look forward to lots more crazy times together. We love to travel, go camping, and just have a great time. Each moment is considered an adventure.


6. I have been "zip-lining" in the jungles of Roatan, Honduras. This is probably the WACKIEST thing I ever did! I was scared to death! I was with 3 of my Wacky Sisters and they were not scared at all!!!


7. I am a cancer survivor. In 2003, I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. I fought with all my faith, and my might and I beat it! I'll reach my 5th year of remission in October 2008. I consider this to be one the greatest accomplishments of my life. Of course, I didn't do it alone -- My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, was the one directing the actions. If you are 50 or older, GO GET A COLONOSCOPY if you have not had one -- IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE -- It did mine!!!!!


Now -- Here are the people I am tagging:


Peach Quilting


KC Quilter


Swooze


QuiltGranny

SuperMom

MaryQuilts


LeannesHouse


1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

Kathy, thanks for tagging me but I'm not too weird! I typically don't do these because it's too much for my brain to come up with anything interesting but maybe I can think of one weird thing and post it - we'll have to see.

It's wonderful to hear you are nearing the 5 year remission mark - I'll say a prayer that you continue to be cancer free!