June 17, 2015

Rippit! Rippit!

Good Morning All!  Rippit!  Rippit!  That's what I've been doing!!!  I'm making a "come back" with the quilting, but some things just never change!  LOL!  When you are piecing a block and you make a wrong cut, well, you know the song.... Rippit!  Rippit! At least it was just about 1/16th wrong so I was able to make the blocks work.



My LQS -- which I recently discovered!  And did I tell you it is ONLY 20 minutes from my front door to theirs???  Very dangerous!  Back to the LQS -- they have a block lottery each month.  The shop sells packets of fabric for $5 and it contains 4 fabrics to use in any type of 12-inch block you wish to make. Actually, I think it is a good marketing strategy -- gets people in the store and, hey, who doesn't want to win something!  Now, I'm not doing this because I need another UFO!!  Heavens NO.....I have boxes of them in storage that, hopefully, one day I'll get unpacked!  It's just a fun little thing and hopefully my blocks will bless the lucky winner!

I picked up the June packet and have made my blocks -- sorry, I failed to take a picture.  The fabric was very bright!  Why, I thought I'd have to wear sunglasses!  It was neon orange, yellow, pink, etc. -- really cute!!!

The July blocks will be Christmas.  Here is a pic of the two blocks (on my 'make shift design wall') that I will enter.  I'll let you know if I win.


I hope you enjoyed this little tidbit about my LQS -- Country Living Quilts.  They are tucked away in the country.