January 18, 2009

A Weekend of Sewing

What a great weekend I am having......and it's not over! I am off work tomorrow as well -- YEA!
Here are a couple of things that I've worked on. First is a picture of what is (was) loaded on the quilting machine, "Betty Jo". I would give you more detail on this project, but it is a gift and shhhhh......this person may be a reader of my blog.......sew.........I cannot talk about it. The quilt is quilted and I am in the process of stitching down the binding. I'll post completed pics later.


The following is my completed quilt for the Teeny, Tiny Squares Doll Quilt Swap. It is made of two colors and the blocks are 1-inch finished. I can't say "who" will be receiving this little quilt, but I sure do hope she likes it. I am really enjoying making these miniature quilts. I believe that it is really improving my piecing skills. I will be posting more pictures of some miniatures later on........sew, stay tuned!

11 comments:

Desiree said...

Holy cow that's a lot of HSTs! Great though! It does look like it was fun, too. :-)

Millie said...

Both quilts are pretty! Seeing forward to see the finished quilts.

Pat said...

Love both of those quilts. Did you hand-piece the mini or did you do it by machine? It looks just SUPER!

Gina said...

Both quilts are gorgeous. I love the colours in the top one.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Nana said...

Lucky you that you get to spend a weekend sewing! Today is not a holiday for me but I am off this morning for a dr. appt. Who knows maybe I will go ahead and take the rest of the day off and sneak in a little sewing time. Have a great week. Barbara

Nana said...

Lucky you that you get to spend a weekend sewing! Today is not a holiday for me but I am off this morning for a dr. appt. Who knows maybe I will go ahead and take the rest of the day off and sneak in a little sewing time. Have a great week. Barbara

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the colors in both of the quilts - can't wait to see finished pictures!
Kris

Sharon said...

Both of them are beautiful, I'm anxious to see the finished pics :)

Have a blessed day Kathy!
Sharon

hetty said...

My goodness! Lots of half square triangles. And could they be any smaller? I think not! I am sure someone will love it!

Dawn said...

Both of these quilts are gorgeous! I am positively smitten with your tiny, doll quilt -- it is so beautiful!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Stinker! Quiltin all weekend and you didn't even invite us over for a drink. Oh well--you still get an award. Go to Molly's Place and see what ya got!