November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

Today is Veterans' Day -- a day where every American citizen should give their thanks to our Veterans. It is these men and women who give selflessly of themselves to defend our freedoms and our rights. Many have given the ultimate sacrifice -- their lives.
It doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing, if you see a man or woman in military uniform or see a person you know is a veteran, you should take a moment to stop and say "thank you." It is amazing how their eyes light up and how proud they are.
I am very proud to say that I come from a long line of Veterans. My Daddy, my Grandpas, my Uncles, my Father-in-Law, my Husband, my Son, and many friends. It is with a very grateful heart that I say THANK YOU.
I leave you with this question: Have you every thought about this? There are two people who have given the ultimate sacrifice for you and me -- Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amen sister!

Fran said...

In Canada we call it Remembrance Day, and it is also a day where we stop and thank our soldiers and our valiant men and women who have gone before them. I always stop and hold a minute of silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
We should all give thanks to the brave men and women who go to war and keep peace around the world.

~~Fran...:c)

QuiltedSimple said...

Too true - they need to be in our thoughts and prayers. Great reminder to thank them when we see them.
Kris

Kath said...

A very good point my friend! The two who have given their lives for us! Thank you for that reminder.

God Bless Them All!

Unknown said...

very nice blog...hard to read though. but you do wonderful stuff.