April 20, 2008

What A Weekend!

This has been a really good weekend. I had my own little personal retreat. You see, my DH is out of town, so I can do whatever I want to! I feel like I have got a lot accomplished. It started Friday evening after work when I spent the evening finishing up my round on the Spring Fling Round Robin and working on my applique and watching TV. That was a very relaxing evening.

On Saturday, one of my Wacky Pac Sisters and I went to Tyler to A Nimble Thimble quilt shop to attend embroidery club. We are learning machine embroidery applique. We are working on the pattern "Tulip Time" by Smith Street Designs. It was a great class.

Today, I spent most of the day out in my studio working on the Wacky Pac String Block Swap. We are making string blocks (3 each) for each person. I have completed 12 blocks (for 4 people) -- boy that feels good. Hope to get some more completed during the week.

I have pictures, but ya know, my camera was left out in my quilting studio (which is separate from my house) and I'm not going out there in the dark to get it so I'll post pics later in the week.

This is going be a very busy work week for me (meetings, meetings, meetings!), but it will go fast and I will be spending the weekend at the Fryer Deer Camp sewing with my Wacky Pac Sisters. I can't wait!

I hope all of my blogging friends have a great week!!!

No comments: